Search Keyword Within Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2012 NFL Season Predictions: The AFC



The 2012 football season is upon us and I for one am not excited in the least bit. Is it because I am no longer an NFL fan? Nah, its because I am a Dolphins fan. There really is nothing to look forward to when rooting for Miami. Nonetheless, I am using all my skills, all my expertise, and all my observations to create predictions as to how the season is going to play out in each division. Without further interruption, here we go:


Pre-Note: If you see a picture of the team, then that means I pick them in making the playoffs.


AFC East



Patriots: 14-2
Jets: 7-9
Bills: 6-10
Dolphins: 5-11

There is too much pressure on the Jets to match the hype given to them. The Bills don’t have enough talent to improve upon last year’s surprise-to-expected fail record. The Dolphins…well…..yea. The Patriots were one defensive stop and a 1st down away from winning the Super Bowl—they have the best coach in football to boot and a quarterback just trying to prove he can win one Post-Spygate. Patriots will walk away with this division.

AFC North


Ravens: 11-5


Bengals: 10-6


Steelers: 10-6

Browns: 4-12

My predictions have been generally conservative, not too many shockers. I will deviate a little with my prediction of the Ravens winning the division and the Bengals actually putting up a good fight. The Ravens and Steelers are aging, and the Bengals are finally rid of Palmer as they gain new life and new hope. That being said, the rivalry shall continue, and a third team will tango in this division.


AFC South


Texans: 11-5
Titans: 8-8
Colts: 7-9
Jaguars: 5-11

Like the AFC East, the former champion will repeat simply because the other teams aren’t improved enough to make a threat. Keep an eye on the Titans, but the Colts are running on a rookie, and the Jaguars got a very young guy at the helm. I will be utterly shocked if the Texans don’t sweep here. That being said, they are still not good enough to be a playoff threat.


AFC West


Raiders: 9-7
Broncos: 7-9
Chargers: 6-10
Chiefs: 5-11

This is a tough one, because I don’t fully believe in Peyton Manning’s staff, I don’t believe in Palmer throwing with the Raiders, and I don’t believe in the Chargers—ever. Despite all this, I think the Raiders and their grand defense and more consistent ways will result in them taking the crown in the garbage heap of the AFC West. Let’s be honest, if it weren’t for the weekly miracles of Tim Tebow, Oakland would have been playing the Steelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment