Search Keyword Within Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Odd Magic Kingdom Discovery


This was an e-mail that I sent to Disney Communications, the one e-mail address in which you can send in questions, compliments, and/or complaints. It explains the photograph in the beginning of this entry.


I was visiting the Magic Kingdom the other day and I came across something odd in Casey's Corner. Background, I am a massive, massive baseball fan and love Casey's Corner because of their food and also because of its old-school baseball vibe in the dining area next door. There is a variety of very old photos of baseball players and teams of the early 20th century--ranging from random local teams to legends like Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth. But there is one random picture in the midst of this that is obviously fake. The picture you see in the attachment was taken in late March and features a couple gals wearing mustaches, and several baseball jerseys that are newer than the supposed date on the image. There is a chance I even know where this fake picture was taken.

Now, I don't know if this was done on purpose, I don't know if its replacing a picture that had been stolen, or it was a practical joke. Either way, it left me quite curious as to why in a room full of authentic baseball images we have one that is obviously fixed. This is not a complaint but instead more like a very curious observation. Any reason why this obviously docked picture hangs with old photographs and old memorabilia? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Random Disney Fan,

Milton Malespin

No comments:

Post a Comment